Hey there lovelies! Sharm here and it's my turn on the The PaperHaus blog today. I've got a tutorial on how you make simple flower embellishments using ordinary doilies.
Paint: Jo Sonja's Paint
Stamp: Hero Arts
Inks: Distress Inks - Milled Lavender & Frayed Burlap
Mists: Heidi Swapp & Maya Road
Others: Eyelet Setter, 5 Doilies, Paint Brush, Eyelet
1. Distress the doilies using distressing ink.
2. Stamp the distressed doilies using script stamp & distress ink of another tone.
3. Using various mists, mist the stamped doilies in random areas. Be sure that some of the stamping can be seen.
4. Apply some paint on the stamp and stamp over the doilies. Make sure it's thoroughly dry from the misting before you do this.
5. Layer the doilies ne on top of the other and put an eyelet through the centre.
6. Scrunch up the doilies layer by layer.
7. Open the doilies layer by layer to create the flower.
See? Super easy to do and no two flowers will be exactly the same. Experiment with colors and have fun!